Sunday, November 29, 2009

Horizons Bright!

While little specific has happened this past week to trumpet about, much progress is on the horizon. Attendance at Cartoon Brunch is ballooning out as good word of mouth gets around. Here is the poster for week #4, Dec. 5 and 6. The Suburban World cuts the cartoons short on Sundays when a Vikings football game starts at noon, but fortunately the Vikings have done so well this season that they are being rescheduled for prime time. Today the game was moved to 3:15 to be the main late afternoon game that the whole country sees, and next week the Vikings play Arizona on Sunday evening. Who cares? Well, it's my team and I'm happy, and it means more Sunday brunchers can see more cartoons. Watch for details about Santa Claus brunch soon.

On the Saturday Matinee series at the Parkway Theater... they want to continue! One of the owners writes: "People love them and so do we! I got a call today from an older gentleman and he had to tell me how much he enjoy's the Saturday noon show's. It was a great compliment and I think if we keep playing these for a longer period of time the greater it will be. Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful series with us, it has been awesome!!!!" We are meeting Friday to discuss plans, what to show, how to increase attendance and so on. Here is a generic Matinee poster I will give them. It may hint at a few of the features and the serial I will suggest. Go for the most popular shows is my motto and Flash Gordon tops the serial charts.

The Parkway Matinees Parkway Matinees have four more weeks to run. I regret not putting in "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" or an all-cartoon Christmas program. I have not been attending most of them and so cannot report on attendance. I will try to catch some of "Gulliver's Travels" next weekend. Seems like it should do well.

Another development this week is creation of posters for some Christmas shows. Here is one. Whether anyone has time to notice and book them....

Click twice on any poster to enlarge.

My word search experiment for Cartoon Brunch has not yet worked. If you google Cartoon Brunch, my other blog site with that name does not yet appear. As discussed last week, this blog shows up because of the Nov. 7 post titled Cartoon Brunch.


www.caferoxy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment