Sunday, August 6, 2017

What? No More Blog Posts?

My last blog entry, which you can read just below, was about "Adventures in Face Book." It was viewed by 550 people who happened to find it by accident or the link at my website fesfilms.com. The simple truth is that I have stopped blogging because I now post 3 times daily at Facebook. I write comments to go along with every video I put up. These posts which amount to over 20 each week average "reaching" over 20k per week. I can reach so many by sharing each post with 10 to 15 other FB Groups such as 1950s America, Dead Comedians Society and Cinema Cafe.

The "reach" number is only visible to me, Ron Hall, the Movie Memory Time group creator and manager. Exactly what "reach" means is not clear. I think it means the post flits across their Facebook time lines, and maybe they read the title or the text, but only 10% actually watch the videos. Still, I will take 2,000 views a week anytime.

I have fallen into a rough schedule of posting an Amos n Andy TV show every Monday; Betty White on Tuesday; Space Patrol episode split up on Wednesday and Thursday; Gale Storm on Friday; and a serial chapter plus a Tex Avery cartoon on Saturday and a Sunday gospel film. Occasionally some post hits a nerve and gets re-shared multiple times. For instance I put up an ordinary Universal Newsreel that "reached" over 10k Facebookers.

This Ozzie and Harriet excerpt reached 14,670. It is special and I am happy TV fans out there recognized that and enjoyed it:



Ozzie and Harriet -- RICKY'S FIRST SONG
And Rick plays the drums and dances in April 1957 when he was only 17! This landmark episode that started Ricky Nelson's career as a pop singer also refers to Ozzie's 1940s career as a big band leader, and features all four Nelsons singing "My Gal Sal" together.
More info from IMDB:
Landmark Episode For Ricky Nelson, by ccthemovieman-1
This was a historic episode in the history of this long-running sitcom: the debut of Ricky as a drummer and singer. He even dances, too! Rick winds up sitting in with the "Tommy Jackson Band" at a big charity dance that Harriet and a bunch of people had set up. It's a long story how that happened but older brother David helped Ricky out in a nice way.
Here is another example that reached over 6k this week: GALE STORM SINGS - Again and Again
Two delightful examples of Gale singing 15 years apart. First is a trailer for the 1943 Monogram musical COLLEGE RHYTHM, followed by Gale singing "I Cried for You" from a late 50s episode of THE GALE STORM SHOW / OH SUSANNA (episode title not known).



So no more blogging. I am having more fun researching and writing about fun film clips EVERY DAY while I reach far more people at the same time and can interact with whoever makes comments.

Rather than giving more Facebook examples of successful posts, I invite you to simply visit
Movie Memory Time.
and spend all day scrolling down and watching posts of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment